The instrument is designed and made as per the National Standard GB/T4507 “Test Methods for Softening Point of Asphalt” and T0606 “Asphalt Softening Point Test (Ring and Ball Methods)” in the Industry Standard JTJ052 Specification and Test Methods of Bitumen and Bituminous Mixtures for Highway Engineering. It is suitable to determine softening point of petroleum asphalt, coal pitch, liquid asphalt and other asphalts. It is the desired instrument for asphalt manufacturing companies, highway and bridge construction companies, colleges and universities, and scientific research institutes.
The instrument adopts computer for control, electron photo-electricity for measurement, and LCD for display. The test data can be printed out by a micro-printer. It has characteristics of linearity heating, and uniform stirring. It can also make determination for two samples at the same time and it can determine the softening point automatically. It is highly automatic, convenient, rapid, and reliable. It is the intelligent instrument for softening point determination.
1. Power supply: AC 220 V (Tolerance: -5%~+10%), 50 Hz;
2. Measurement range:
(1) The softening point is below 80 °C, and take distilled water as heating medium, +5 °C~+80°C;
(2) The softening point is over 80 °C, and take glycerin as heating medium, +32°C~+160°C;
3. Temperature resolution: 0.01 °C;
4. Stirrer: the stirring speed can be continuously adjusted;
5. Heating rate: It can be adjusted to 5.0±0.5°C/ min after 3 min;
6. Test data: Displayed by a LCD and printed by a printer;
7. Heating power: 600 W;
8. Computer port: RS-232C communication port;
9. Cubage of beaker: 1000 ml;
10. Ambient condition: room temperature should be lower than 35 °C and keep stable without any air convection;
11. Relative humidity: ≤85%;
12. Total power consumption: not more than 700 W;